Friday, December 18, 2015

A Reflection at My Time at Rebecca Adele PR & Events...

As I approach the end of my internship and the fall semester of my senior year I am so thankful for this experience and all that it has taught me. As a fashion major with a minor in marketing, I have never had any experience in PR but I was excited to get some hands on experience in the industry.

I came into this internship not knowing what to expect and eager to learn more. I was thrown into the crazy life of PR and event planning as I began my experience with Rebecca Adele PR & Events. Starting daily tasks like writing social media plans for various clients, learning how to use social media management websites like Sprout Social and Schedugram, writing blog posts, as well as writing press releases, all quickly became a part of my day-to-day learning.

This internship has taught me so much, and I can’t even begin to explain how thankful I am that this was my first internship experience. I didn’t just learn things like the media writing and how to use the websites like Sprout, but I learned how to deal with clients, vendors, and customer service. I learned how to work in a professional environment and how to work with a team of people. I learned how to manage my time and how to delegate tasks in order to work efficiently and for the office to run smoothly. 

particulary enjoyed getting to know clients, and learning what kind of content they wanted to see posted to their websites/social media, who they are trying to target, and other information needed to brand their companies successfully.

As well as all of the things I have learned through this experience, one of the biggest ones that I will take away from this are the friendships that I have made working here. Between the days in the office listening to country music or classic Disney songs, the to road tripping to Columbus for a craft show, I have can now call these girls that I worked with some of my good friends.
My favorite part of this internship was getting to learn and see first hand what it takes to run your own business and what goes into planning events like all the craft shows that I have worked throughout this semester. One of my daily tasks was to read and post artist statements from our craft show vendors to our social media. I got to see what kind of products the vendors would be making for the craft shows before we even went to the shows.

After graduation in May, I hope to move to New York City and work in marketing or PR for a fashion design label. No matter what path I choose to go, I know that I will be well prepared for a life in the professional industry. Becki has taught me so much and I am so glad that I had this experience with Rebecca Adele PR and Events!


No comments:

Post a Comment