Tuesday, December 15, 2015

That’s a Wrap!

As I approached my last semester of graduate school, I knew I needed to find an internship to complete my degree. But not just any internship. I’ve already had two public relations internships and needed something different. I needed to find an internship where I would be challenged in a variety of ways to develop my writing, communication and creative skills. It just so happens that I met every one of those goals and more with my internship with Rebecca Adele PR and Events.
 
Before starting my internship with Rebecca Adele PR and Events, I was instantly attracted to the girly, feminine website and dreamt of being one of Becki’s interns. I was completely overjoyed and psyched when Becki reached out to me to come in for an interview. I knew I would love every second of the internship opportunity when I sat down for my interview, and her dog, Google, jumped on my lap. I thought to myself, “I could really fit in here!”

As I made it through my first week as an intern, I was amazed at how much I had already learned. From writing press releases to learning how to use different social media planning tools, I started to learn all of the ins and outs of the public relations industry. Becki wasn’t kidding when she told me that she was going to train me to be her, and I couldn’t have been more relieved! I knew this wasn’t going to be a typical internship, and that was exactly what I needed. 
My internship provided me with new learning experiences and opportunities where I was able to grow as a young, public relations professional. I have learned the importance of producing creative work to its fullest potential, the importance of remaining positive in hard situations and the importance of always learning new things. Not only did my internship improve my skills and expertise, I also gained a newfound confidence. Now that I’m entering the real world of public relations, I feel extremely confident in myself, and I owe it all to Becki.


As I finish up my portfolio and cuddle with Google one last time, I leave my internship knowing I have a mentor I can always count on. Whether I needed advice about a job or just needed someone to talk to, Becki was there for me for a number instances. Her superior guidance, advice and education all helped me grow to the person I am today. While I’m excited about starting my career, I will greatly miss my internship. I’m extremely grateful for the opportunity, and I will be taking each lesson, piece of advice and learned skill with me. Thank you, Becki!

Written by Alisa Frye of Rebecca Adele PR & Events

No comments:

Post a Comment