Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Reflecting on My Summer at Rebecca Adele PR & Events

As my time as a summer intern for Rebecca PR & Events comes to a close, I have a lot to be thankful for and reflect on. I’ve had experience writing and using social media, but I’ve never used these skills in the platform I’ve been able to during my time here.

When I first applied for this internship, I had no idea what was in store for me; I just knew it felt like the perfect fit. Turns out, I was right! This experience has provided me with the knowledge and skills I need to be successful in my future career. Not only have I learned new skills and improved the ones I already had, but it’s been a reassuring experience for me. I always knew I loved the public relations field, but looking back on my time here and everything I’ve done, I know for certain that this is what I want to do for the rest of my life, and I have Becki to thank for that.

From creating blog posts to social media plans to working the events throughout the summer, not a second of it was mundane or boring. I’ve had the opportunity at this internship to do more than just sit in an office day-in and day-out and wait for my dismissal. I looked forward to my work day and the conversation and friendships I’ve built with Becki and Lexie, the other intern.

Normally, I would be very sad to leave this internship forever. However, I’ve been fortunate enough to be asked to stay on with Rebecca Adele PR & Events and continue my internship experience virtually for the upcoming fall semester. Being the last semester of my college career, I know the continuation of this internship will keep my skills sharp and keep me focused and ready when a full-time career opportunity arises.


I couldn’t have asked for a better internship and I can’t think of another way I would have rather spent my summer than here at Rebecca Adele PR & Events!

Written by Shaylee Dillen of Rebecca Adele PR & Events

No comments:

Post a Comment