Monday, August 1, 2016

My Summer at Rebecca Adele PR & Events

I can’t believe my internship at Rebecca PR & Events is coming to an end! It feels like it was just yesterday that I was walking into Becki’s colorful and fun office, being greeted by several cats and her beloved pup, Google.

I looked forward to the 45-minute drive to Solon every Monday and Wednesday because our workdays were upbeat and fun, filled with music, talking and the exchange of ideas. While I did have some experience in social media, I have never done any public relations or event planning. However, Becki made it easy to learn and explained everything I needed to know, while still giving me some room to be creative and think for myself.
My day-to-day tasks included writing blogs and press releases, producing and scheduling social media posts, and marketing for upcoming shows for Avant-Garde and Bump to Bows Shows! Working in a fast paced environment has definitely helped me to work harder and be more efficient and creative in my writing. Being able to see my work being used online was rewarding and made me confident that the work I was doing was relevant and important.
Working with Becki was such a rewarding and fun experience. She was constantly giving feedback and helping me to learn from my mistakes, which is what I was looking for in an internship. Hearing her success story about how she was able to get where she is today was very inspiring, and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to work for such a successful and experienced woman.  One of the most important things that she taught me is that you can do anything you want as long as you work for it and to not let anyone get in the way of your goals. Anyone who has the opportunity to work with Becki is very lucky because her kind and hard-working attitude is inspiring and surely motivating. I am so very appreciative for my experience at Rebecca Adele PR & Events and will use what I have learned for my future career in public relations!


Written by Caitlin Homcy of Rebecca Adele PR & Events

No comments:

Post a Comment