Wednesday, April 27, 2016

My Grateful Experience at Rebecca Adele PR & Events

I can’t believe the time has come to be writing my final blog post for Rebecca Adele PR & Events. It doesn’t seem like it was too long ago, that I was nervously arriving for my first day at the office. My nerves were quickly settled by the friendly approach of Google, which is the energetic office dog, and the creative art pieces surrounding my desk.

The days were fast paced, full of many writing assignments and Pinterest boards while music played in the background. Throughout my time at this internship, my confidence in my writing has grown to a point where writing a press release no longer filled my stomach with nerves. I am so grateful for the responsibilities I have had during my internship and being given the chance to develop content for multiple clients each day. Those responsibilities have given me a great narrative in my interviewing process when they ask me the dreaded question, “How does you past experience prepare you for this position?” I answer that question confidently while describing my day-to-day tasks at Rebecca Adele PR & Events. While the learning never stopped, neither did the fun. I thank Becki Silverstein for all the jokes, chats and cute animals that made a day at the office something to look forward to.


I started this internship hoping to learn more about the public relations industry, but what I have gotten out of my time here is much more than just that. Becki Silverstein has given me a new point of view on business, writing, events and everything in between. Working so closely with her has allowed me to see what it takes to have a growing business, which would be a dream of mine someday. 
As I finish up my last weeks at Kent State University, I look back at my education and experience working with Becki as a strong advantage to have during my job searching process!

Written by Mimi Rosenberg of Rebecca Adele PR & Events

No comments:

Post a Comment