Thursday, April 28, 2016

My Time at Rebecca Adele PR & Events

What a fast 15 weeks it’s been – I can’t believe my time at Rebecca Adele PR & Events is coming to an end, and I can honestly say I would not have wanted to have my first internship experience at any other company.

I remember going into my interview and having Becki tell me to tell her a bit about myself. The one thing I remember saying to this was: “I’m a very busy person, and I like bringing a busy, fast-paced lifestyle,” and I remember her saying working here would give the chance to do that – and she was right.
My day-to-day tasks ranged from writing and scheduling social media posts on different social media outlets while using scheduling programs, to writing press releases and acting as a media contact, to creating blog posts on information relative to the public relations industry, and marketing for upcoming craft shows throughout show season.
I learned so much during my time as an intern to help shape who I am as a young professional venturing into the public relations industry. Never throughout the duration of my internship did I feel that I was doing something that was not going to help me in my future career in some way. Not only had I learned valuable public relations skills, but I expanded on my skills to handle many different tasks for different companies at a time.

I was very fortunate to have had Becki as a boss. She taught me so many skills I will be able to use when I go into “the real world,” and was an outstanding mentor throughout the whole process. She gave me the constructive criticism I needed that only helped me further my skills, and always brought a fun and positive atmosphere in the office. I couldn’t be more grateful to have had the experiences I did at Rebecca Adele PR & Events these past weeks. 

Thank you so much!


Written by Samantha Velotta of Rebecca Adele PR & Events 

No comments:

Post a Comment