Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Reflecting at My Time at Rebecca Adele PR & Events- Casie Varacelli

As May quickly approaches, I cannot believe how fast my time here at Rebecca Adele PR & Events has gone by. I enjoyed every aspect of this internship, from learning more about the fields I would like to go into, to spending quality time with Becki and all her furry friends! At the beginning of this, I was nervous since I had already graduated a couple years ago. Becki assured me that it was a great way to learn more about marketing, and that taking on an internship, along with my other job, was a good thing. Well, like a mom, she was right!

I was SO excited to dive into social media, public relations and especially events! I was pretty sure I knew all there was to know about social media, considering I spend an adequate amount of time on it, but I was wrong! I learned so much more about posts, links, images, hashtags, tweets and even scheduling. Rebecca Adele PR & Events has many different clients and I think that was a huge advantage in learning to write social media plans. Not every company’s needs are the same, and sometimes those even change mid-project!
When show time came, I was ready! I have always wanted to work with events and event planning. It was a great opportunity to see what all is involved in orchestrating an event. The other interns and I worked together as a team to post ads for the shows, artist statements and blogs. There was also waking up at 6am to put up signs and balloons, rain or shine, but it got us moving for the day! The shows gave me a great appreciation for all the hard work everyone puts in for an event to run smoothly and successfully. 
Moving forward, I would like to pursue a career in either events or social media. I would like to further my creativity and I feel that this internship was a great reminder of why I went into marketing. Learning to write press releases and working with the media was an amazing experience, but lets just say it was not my favorite thing! I have the knowledge under my belt now though, if I were ever given the task.

I cannot thank Becki enough for the time she has put into helping me learn more about the industry and how to be a tough individual. She is a strong, independent entrepreneur and I think anyone would be lucky to work with her. She made work fun and rewarding, and she also has the most adorable pets ever that are great office companions! I appreciate everything she has done for me and I will definitely keep in touch.


I will miss everyone, and so will Duke!

Written by Casie Varacelli from Rebecca Adele PR & Events

No comments:

Post a Comment